It is considered to be the best standard tailored blood type diet system, it is the diet based on the notion that ABO blood type is an essential unit to select your healthy food system, to improve your health and decrease the risk of chronic diseases (1) like cardiovascular disease.
Although, the relation between blood type diet food list and health outcomes has been critically argued and unsupported by scientific evidence, the blood type diet is quite similar to fad diets that several authors promoted especially the naturopathic physician Dr. Peter J. D’Adamo in his book “Eat Right 4 Your Type” issued in the year 1996, that was sold millions of copies and still popular nowadays.
The blood type diet is a way of eating that relies on an individual’s blood group (A, B, AB, or O). The Blood Type diet includes extensive lists of foods that are beneficial for each blood group.
- 1 What is Blood Type Diet
- 2 Do You Think Knowing Your Blood Type Is Essential Only For A Transfusion Or For Finding The Suitable Blood Type Diet?
- 3 Why Shall I Try The Blood Type Diet?
- 4 From Where Did The Blood Type Diet Oppose?
- 5 Is There Science Behind The Blood Type Diet?
- 6 What Can I Do To Live As Long As Possible?
- 7 Would You Like To Follow The Blood Type Diet That Is Designed For You Uniquely?
- 8 How Can Eating For Your Blood Type Improve Your Life?
- 9 Can You Be More Specific About What Can And Cannot Eat According To The blood Type Diet Food List?
- 10 Are There Any Studies That Support The Claim That People With Type “O” Blood Have High Stomach Acid And Easily Digest Meat?
- 11 Why Shouldn’t Blood Group “A” People Eat Meat In Their Blood Type Diet?
- 12 Your Blood Group Is “B”. What Should Be Your Blood Type Diet?
- 13 Blood Type Diet Food List For Blood Group “AB”
- 14 What Do The Experts Say About The Blood Type Diet?
What is Blood Type Diet
If you want to recognize how your body reacts to food, the healthy food your body needs and so much more, it is important to know your blood type.
Your blood type is unique as your fingerprint; it is the key to the mysteries of health, disease, longevity, and vitality.
Do You Think Knowing Your Blood Type Is Essential Only For A Transfusion Or For Finding The Suitable Blood Type Diet?
Have you ever wondered throughout your life why some people tend to lose weight more easily than others, having lower cholesterol in their bodies than others?
Simply the answer is the blood type; many types of research signify that your blood type is the main genetic factor that influences various areas of your health and the blood type diet you must follow for your well-being.
Why Shall I Try The Blood Type Diet?
Are you feeling tired, depressed, experiencing a lack of energy, insomnia, hypoglycemia, salt or sugar craving?!
If so, you may be suffering from any of the mentioned before, take some time to read the following lines.
From Where Did The Blood Type Diet Oppose?
Probably the first researcher who correlates the blood types to any group of pathology was Alexander (Alexander, W: Br. J. Exp. Path 2,66:(1921)), and following his steps Mayo and Ferguson (Mayo and Ferguson : AMA Arch. Surg. 66: 406-9), and then Buchanan and Higley (Buchanan and Higley : Br. J. Exp. Path. (1921) 2;227) .
At the last two decades, Dr. Peter D’Adamo’s book “Eat Right 4 Your Type” outlined a diet based on blood types in the year 1996.
Is There Science Behind The Blood Type Diet?
This theory linked the ABO blood groups with a varied assortment of pathologic situations, particularly gastrointestinal and cardiovascular pathology, stating that each blood type has specific antigens that control body functions like the immune and the digestive systems. The blood type diet conveys the idea of the reaction of the blood towards each kind of food, designating them as acceptable or threats.
Therefore, knowing your blood type either “A”, “B”, “AB”, or “O” will help you distinguish which foods are best for your body.
What Can I Do To Live As Long As Possible?
Your health will improve by following the right blood type diet that is appropriate for your blood type. Many pieces of research indicate that three out of four people had substantial improvement in a range of health circumstances like weight loss, digestive functions, resistance to stress, and mental clarity. People with blood type “O” have to follow a higher protein lower carb diet, while the blood type “A” need to follow a lower fat plant based diet, and for the blood types “B” and “AB” they need to follow a more omnivorous diet.
Would You Like To Follow The Blood Type Diet That Is Designed For You Uniquely?
No wonder then that it has been a hit with Hollywood stars like Courtney Cox-Arquette, Cheryl Cole, Martine McCutcheon, Sir Cliff Richard and Liz Hurley, in which Cheryl says that it has made such a difference; how she feels and so to her energy levels.
How Can Eating For Your Blood Type Improve Your Life?
The Blood type diet is based on the idea that each blood has its own unique antigen marker which reacts badly with certain foods, leading to all kinds of potential health problems, in which the levels of the acidity of the stomach and the digestive enzymes are linked with your blood type determining your diet. Consequently, following a diet tailored especially for your blood type makes your digestive system absorbs food more efficiently.
So the blood type diet is a Win Win system.
Can You Be More Specific About What Can And Cannot Eat According To The blood Type Diet Food List?
- The blood group “O” the first blood type to be identified, the “hunter-gatherer” blood type thrived on a high protein meat based diet which is called lectins (a diverse family of proteins that can bind sugar molecules) according to Dr. D’Adamo blood type diet theory in which they are considered to be anti-nutrients and may have negative effects on the lining of the gut.
- The blood group “A” The farming type who needs to follow a vegetarian-based diet, while the blood group “B” can get away with a blood type diet that consists of most food types including meat, dairy, grains, and vegetables.
- The blood group “AB” It evolves a mixture of food list suitable for both the blood groups “A” and the blood group “B”.
Each of the four blood types has a detailed blood type food list stated below, including what should be included and what should be avoided.
Are There Any Studies That Support The Claim That People With Type “O” Blood Have High Stomach Acid And Easily Digest Meat?
According to Dr. D’Adamo blood type diet, this group need to eat a typical hunter-gatherer type diet, in other words it should follow a high protein diet combined with a low carb diet that contains lots of meat, olive oil, eggs, seeds, nuts, seeds, certain vegetables and fruits and fish, but no dairy products, or cereals or bread or pasta or rice or wheat and grains just like the hunter-gatherer ancestors did!
Why Shouldn’t Blood Group “A” People Eat Meat In Their Blood Type Diet?
According to the farming lifestyles of the ancestors which they settled, Dr. D’ Adamo, agreed that they must follow a diet full of lots of grains and vegetables but little meat, a vegetarian blood type diet but still avoid dairy products, thus the blood type diet food list that is allowed is: nuts, seeds, beans, cereals, pasta, grains, rice, fruit, and vegetables. And with paying attention to some exercises like yoga or golf.
Your Blood Group Is “B”. What Should Be Your Blood Type Diet?
The blood type food list for this group thrive on all sorts of foods, but the only foods need to be avoided are nuts and seeds and only small amounts of carb rich food should be eaten, with recommended activities like tennis and swimming.
Blood Type Diet Food List For Blood Group “AB”
It is a rare group, in which their blood type diet included a combination between the blood type diet food list of both the blood group “A” and the blood group “B”, with moderate intensive’s activities and exercising especially walking.
What Do The Experts Say About The Blood Type Diet?
The medical experts agree that the blood type diet theory is nonsense, as it has no scientific evidence. And also in the long-term, this diet makes individuals have a poor intake of nutrients that are needed for a good health.